Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Reports of this blog's death may have been greatly exaggerated

...although it's probably too soon to tell. It seems appropriate that the last post was the day before my due date, although there were technically another 5 days of limbo before the Littlest Defarge actually arrived. While I feel like I'm slowly becoming myself again, or at least an approximate version of myself (Mme. Defarge 2.0?), in a lot of ways 9/17 seems like the last day of a previous life. When I was pregnant I was talking to a friend of a friend who had year-old twins, and she kept saying how she didn't even know who she was anymore. At the time I thought she needed therapy. About four weeks post-baby I thought she was an oracle.

I don't think the old Mme. Defarge is dead by any means. But the one I see in my mental mirror, like the body looking back at me above the bathroom sink at 5 a.m., looks familiar but not an exact resemblance. I hope that getting back into writing in some form, even if it's "mommy blogging" or posting links instead of writing long, involved posts, will help me reassemble an image of myself.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Alexandre Manette, physician said...

You are lovely in any version. Glad to see you writing again...

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home