Friday, August 13, 2010

Call it a milestone

First time my pregnant self frightened a bystander.

Today after my doctor's appointment I was killing time at Macy's and noticed I'd missed a phone call. I didn't have service in the store, so I stepped out onto State Street to listen to the message. While I was on the phone, a guy came and stood right next to me. I assumed he was going to ask for money when he said, "Excuse me," so I probably didn't give him a particularly nice look. Then he said, "Did that baby just move?" (pointing to me) "Because I just saw something move."

I hadn't noticed it, but he was probably right, so I said, "Yeah, she does that," and we left it at that. But the poor man looked terrified. I guess that's why all of the clothes at the maternity stores look like tents--to keep us from frightening the locals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home