Thursday, December 11, 2008

Illinois pride was fun while it lasted

So I'm trying to remember what was so offensive about Judy Baar Topinka that I voted for Blagojevich rather than her. I thought he was a jackass back then (at least when he was up for re-election; the first time around I was living in Missouri but I thought he was a pretty swell guy). Holy hell. I think I mind the corruption less than the sheer stupidity, sad as that is. The man is apparently nuttier than Caligula. We're probably lucky he didn't give Obama's Senate seat to his horse.

I was glad to see that in the chorus of "ho hum; politics as usual in Illinois" there were a few people who spoke up and asked why we aren't expecting more out of our politicians. I think it's an excellent, if deceptively simple, point. We deserve better. Pat Quinn? I guess it's all relative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home