Thursday, November 06, 2008

Stunned in a good way--finally

Two days later and I still am almost speechless. When NBC switched from local to national news at 10:00 on Tuesday, a static image of Obama with the words "44th President of the United States" superimposed over it filled the screen, and I honestly thought, "Oh, crap; someone's going to get in trouble for showing that early." It didn't occur to me that it was actually true until they showed the celebrating crowds in Grant Park. After the last two elections, I fully expected to wake up Wednesday morning without a clear winner.

Four years ago my mom gave me the usual crap about having kids and I told her, dead seriously, that I didn't think I wanted to bring any into the world given the current state of things. Today, again quite seriously, I feel like there's hope for the planet. I hope we're not burdening him with unrealistic expectations.

Given that (and given the fact that I too learned to read by watching The Electric Company), when I read this I felt like I couldn't have said it better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home